Perhaps the most crucial step in any real estate development is meticulously abiding by the unique zoning, planning, and land use laws. Our Austin real estate attorney can assist you in drafting permits for site plans with the Land Use Review Division.
Site Plan Application Process
Site plans applications are reviewed to ensure they follow administrative procedures according to state law and local code requirements, including the following requirements for:
- design standards
- water quality
- erosion control
- environmental review
- mitigation &/or protection of heritage or protected trees
Additionally, review of applications are coordinated with other applicable city departments, including:
- Austin Fire
- Austin Energy
- Austin Water Utility
- Right-of-Way (ROW)
- Department of Public Works
- Utility Coordination
However, the review process doesn’t stop there. The following agencies must also review site applications:
- school districts
- the county
- Capital Metro
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Austin Real Estate Attorney Review for Developers
Developers seeking to propose a new project in Travis County must submit to subdivision or a non-subdivision site development or utility project application meeting.
Before this meeting with Travis County, developers are encouraged to adopt interdisciplinary collaborations and work processes related to site analysis and site design to inform project component design and construction staging. It may seem tedious. But the reward for the extra effort is a less costly design, potentially resulting in higher property value and marketability.
Travis County Zoning Districts
There are 39 base zoning districts in Austin that fall into one of the four categories:
- Residential: covering everything from ranches to lake houses to sing family houses
- Industrial: covering everything from warehouses to manufacturing and research and development
- Commercial: made up of a diverse set of development standards divided into an additional 13 zoning districts
- Special Purpose: covering sites like airports and public areas reserved for public or civic institutional purpose
Navigating the site plan application process is a particularly daunting and complex task. Our Austin real estate attorney is here to help. Give us a call for a free consultation, and we’ll begin evaluating your site plans.
Our clients receive individualized attention from an attorney, not an assistant or paralegal. Although we handle a wide range of legal issues, our attorneys are limited to practicing a few practice areas to give you the specialized care you need. We are compassionate attorneys that will listen closely to ensure your voice is heard and to implement potential strategies that most other attorney will miss. Call us for a free consult with our real estate attorney to see why we vastly differ than most law firms.
- seeking the relief you need
- evaluating and tailoring a creative strategy for your individual case
- explaining the nuances and subtleties of the law in a clear and concise manner
- effectively communicating with you in a way that will exceed your expectations
- and aggressively protecting and defending your rights
We understand times are tough and that there probably hasn’t been a tougher time in your life. Although we could get away with charging exuberant amounts, we prefer not to as we are a law firm by the people, for the people. We do not want you to worry about whether you can afford to hire an attorney to protect and defend your rights. Call us for Zoning, Planning and Land Use consult and be surprised at the quality you receive compared to what other Austin law firm will quote you!
Accordingly, the attorneys at AZ Law Firm will always provide you with a free initial consultation. During this initial consultation, our criminal lawyers will evaluate your case, inform you of any legal options that may be available, and allow you to ask any questions that you may have. AZ Law Firm offers affordable rates for all our clients and will work with you on payment plans. Our firm accepts checks, debit cards, and most major credit cards to cover the costs of your legal representation.