Caring for our children is paramount. One of the ways Texas shows its’ care is by implementing school zone regulations. If you don’t have young children, you may not be as familiar with the laws to avoid a Texas speeding ticket.
Avoid a Texas Speeding Ticket
Be aware of the following laws to avoid any school zone infraction citations:
- Speed limits: School zone speed limits differ from municipality to municipality, ranging between 15 mph – 25 mph. The speed limits are designed for drivers to move at a glacial pace because, as any parent knows, children are unpredictable. Additionally, the speed limits are only active during student drop off and pick-ups. Again, times vary from school to school, anywhere between 7-10 am to 2-5 pm. Typically, most Texas municipalities use flashing yellow lights above school zone signs. When flashing, school zone speed limits are in effect.
- Use of Cell Phones are Prohibited in School Zones: As we all know, using cell phones while driving isn’t a safe practice and leads to thousands of accidents a year. For this reason, Texas expressly prohibits the use of cell phones while in a school zone. However, hands-free devices, cars in park, and emergency service vehicles are exempt from this law.
Texas Speeding Ticket Consequences in a School Zone
Across Texas, municipalities impose increased fines for violating school zone speed limits. Generally, these heightened fines go to the school district to promote school zone safety practices. These fines can range anywhere between $25 to $200+ for any one school zone infraction.
Speeding through a school zone isn’t worth it. The risk alone of hitting and injuring a child (or worse) is too severe. So, drive slowly to avoid potential devastation and legal repercussions.
Seek Representation for a Texas Speeding Ticket Immediately
Occasionally, school zones sneak up on the best of us, particularly when in unfamiliar territory. If you have received a school zone infraction, don’t despair. Give us a call for a free consultation, and we’ll begin strategizing your defense. We’re here to help.
It may seem counter-intuitive to hire an attorney on traffic violations but that in most cases it will save you money. If your cases get dismissed then you will own no court cost or fines. Even if the traffic violations are not dismissed, you will still save money since we frequently avoid a conviction. In traffic ticket cases, a conviction will result in points on your driving record, a spike in monthly insurance premiums, and may even result in your license getting suspended. We can always reduce fines on traffic tickets and we are able to take care of your case from start to finish without you ever having to appear in court. To find out how we can help you, contact our traffic attorneys at (512)-400-7070 for Texas Speeding Ticket defense. We will schedule an initial client consultation to review your citation details and lay out a game plan for traffic ticket Texas.
- seeking a dismissal on your traffic infractions
- evaluating and tailoring a creative strategy for your individual case
- explaining the nuances and subtleties of the law in a clear and concise manner
- effectively communicating with you in a way that will exceed your expectations
- and aggressively protecting and defending your rights
We understand times are tough and that there probably hasn’t been a tougher time in your life. Although we could get away with charging exuberant amounts, we prefer not to as we are a law firm by the people, for the people. We do not want you to worry about whether you can afford to hire an attorney to protect and defend your rights. Call us and be surprised at the quality you receive compared to what other law firms will quote you!
Accordingly, the attorneys at AZ Law Firm will always provide you with a free initial consultation. During this initial consultation, our criminal lawyers will evaluate your case, inform you of any legal options that may be available, and allow you to ask any questions that you may have. AZ Law Firm offers affordable rates for all our clients and will work with you on payment plans. Our firm accepts checks, debit cards, and most major credit cards to cover the costs of your legal representation.