An individual deemed inadmissible may seek a Waiver of Inadmissibility to overrule the decision. Our Texas immigration lawyer can determine the appropriate action for admissibility to the US or to prevent deportation from the US.
What are the grounds for inadmissibility?
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) establishes multiple grounds of inadmissibility to the US, including the following:
- health: including having a mental or physical disorder that may pose a threat to safety, carrying a significant communicable disease, or failing to submit proof of vaccination
- prostitution: including those procuring, knowingly benefiting from, or otherwise engaging in prostitution
- crimes of moral turpitude: including offenses deemed base, vile, or depraved, generally encompassing convictions for fraud, murder, human trafficking, &/or sexual assault
- traffickers and beneficiaries of trafficking: including those engaged in human or drug trafficking and certain family members of individuals engaged in human or drug trafficking who knowingly have benefited from trafficking activities
- drug-related offenses: including any violation of foreign or domestic drug law, as well as evidence of drug abuse
- multiple criminal offenses: including at minimum two convictions with aggregate sentences of at least five years, with the exception of most political offenses
- security issues: including belonging to a totalitarian party or engaging in terrorist activity
- immigration violations: including alien smuggling, illegal entry, immigration fraud, and unlawful presence
Who is eligible for Waivers of Inadmissibility?
Waivers of Inadmissibility are designed to help those who have been found inadmissible to the US via an immigrant visa or those who were denied an Adjustment of Status and are currently stateside.
Differing waivers are available to best suit an individual’s circumstance, primarily their grounds for inadmissibility. Specific requirements apply for each waiver of inadmissibility and must be fulfilled. In most cases, applicants must demonstrably prove that their spouse or family would suffer undue hardship should they be denied their waiver.
A Texas immigration lawyer can help best determine the appropriate waiver to seek for your particular circumstance, including:
- I-601 Waiver: provides relief to individuals with a pending application for an adjustment of status, immigrant visa, or green card
- I-601A Provisional Waiver: provides relief for individuals who were unlawfully present in the US
- I-212 Waiver: provides relief to those barred from entry into the US based on a criminal conviction or unlawful stay
- Humanitarian and National Interest Waiver: provides relief for refugees and those seeking asylum or facing prosecution in their home country. Additionally, this waiver may apply to those with a profession or qualification that would benefit the US’s arts, sciences, or businesses
Seek Representation Immediately
The process to obtain a Waiver of Inadmissibility is arduous and intentionally complex. We’re here to help. Contact our Texas immigration lawyer to determine inclusions and exclusions specific to your status. Give us a call for a free consultation, and we’ll begin drafting your waiver today.
Our clients receive individualized attention from an attorney, not an assistant or paralegal. Although we handle a wide range of legal issues, our attorneys are limited to practicing a few practice areas to give you the specialized care you need. We are compassionate attorneys that will listen closely to ensure your voice is heard and to implement potential strategies that most other attorney will miss. Call us for a free consult with our Texas Immigration Lawyer to see why we vastly differ than most law firms.
- seeking the relief you need
- evaluating and tailoring a creative strategy for your individual case
- explaining the nuances and subtleties of the law in a clear and concise manner
- effectively communicating with you in a way that will exceed your expectations
- and aggressively protecting and defending your rights
We understand times are tough and that there probably hasn’t been a tougher time in your life. Although we could get away with charging exuberant amounts, we prefer not to as we are a law firm by the people, for the people. We do not want you to worry about whether you can afford to hire an Immigration Attorney Austin TX to protect and defend your rights. Call us for Immigration consult and be surprised at the quality you receive compared to what other Austin law firms will quote you!
Accordingly, the attorneys at AZ Law Firm will always provide you with a free initial consultation. During this initial consultation, our criminal lawyers will evaluate your case, inform you of any legal options that may be available, and allow you to ask any questions that you may have. AZ Law Firm offers affordable rates for all our clients and will work with you on payment plans. Our firm accepts checks, debit cards, and most major credit cards to cover the costs of your legal representation.